Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Get To Know Your Team Suzuki Rider: William Lind

I started cycling in 2009, getting my first taste for road racing in the Canberra Tour that year. With little athletic background to draw on, I’ve worked hard to improve enough to ride my first races in the NRS this year. I face a continually steep learning curve in balancing cycling with home life and a full-time job in the Australian Public Service.

Name: William Lind
Date of Birth: 19/07/1985
Place of Birth: Kiama, NSW
Resides: Canberra, ACT
Height: 171cm
Weight: 62kg

Employer: Australian Public Service
Home Club: Canberra Cycling Club
Teams: Suzuki/Trek
Coach: Jason Mahoney, Argonaut Cycle Coaching
Discipline: Road
Road Riding Style: Climber/break aways/still figuring this out
Started Competitive Cycling: 2009

_______________________________


Personal Best Performances: 8th in GC and 4th in stage 4 Mersey Valley Tour 2011, first ever NRS race
_________________________________________


General Interest

Ambitions:
Continue to develop as a cyclist, for myself and for the team, and improve my results at NRS races.
Hobbies: Playing guitar, reading, watching movies, writing

No comments:

Post a Comment